Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Required:
- Understands linkages between scheduling software (Primavera), the financial system (SAP) and EPC and the impacts of choices made when working between the various systems.
- Working knowledge of project and service delivery practices.
- Basic knowledge of project management principles, including basic knowledge and understanding of forecasting, cost researching and scheduling.
- Well developed knowledge of financial, budgeting, management planning, cost monitoring and control systems, accounting processes and related financial applications.
- Well developed knowledge of contract documents and processes, and reporting (i.e. Business Warehouse, SAP, P6).
- Well developed ability to discuss, explain and provide information and instructions on budget/cost processes, variance analysis and other financial procedural matters of projects with technical and project staff.
- Good demonstrated computer applications and systems skills and knowledge related to project costing, estimating, financial processing/control and project management functions (e.g. SAP and Microsoft applications).
- Good analytical skills.
- Good oral, written and interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to prepare various financial documentation and reports.
- Basic understanding of generation, station and transmission facilities and their interrelated equipment.
Experience, Training and Education (demonstrating requirements):
- Management Certificate in Professional Accounting or equivalent certificate from an accredited Institute of Technology or other post-secondary institution, and project management courses from an accredited institution or equivalent project management experience, plus completion of BC Hydro in-house courses in financial support applications and processes, CDS desktop, email and internet browser applications.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience and exposure to project costing support in a project management environment requiring working knowledge of accounting and financial procedures and processes of project management. Requires demonstrated proficiency in SAP.