Reporting to the General Manager Operations, this position is located in our Fort St. John, BC office. The Manager Construction & Maintenance, NE is responsible for the construction and maintenance management of our distribution and transmission facilities in the region.
- Construction and project management for distribution and transmission facilities from conception through to completion.
- Direct supervision of 8 employees.
- Contract management oversight for a major construction contract in the region.
- Integrity management of facilities in Ft. St. John, Dawson Creek, and Tumbler Ridge.
- Budget development and cost control for construction and maintenance.
- Coordination of training requirements for construction and maintenance personnel.
- Completion of preventative and corrective maintenance programs.
- Emergency preparedness and response.
- Relief coverage for Manager of Operations.
- Represent the company with respect to operating and construction maintenance, safety, emergency procedures, fire departments, environmental issues, indigenous affairs, municipal offices, and other outside agencies.
- Prepare monthly report, including current and emerging issues, status of ongoing projects, progress towards objectives, and plans for the next month.
- Develop and ensure compliance to policies, standards, procedures, processes and objectives to ensure safe, reliable, environmentally responsible and cost effective service to PNG customers.
- Coach, train, and lead people to ensure a strong team environment.
- Coordinate the Integrity Management Plan, including: Updates and communications regarding any changes; coating assessments and investigative digs & repairs as a result of assessments; right of way maintenance; high pressure leak survey program; pipeline patrols; class location surveys; documentation & records management; Competency Assessment Plan; Gas plant maintenance.
- Coordinate the project and construction management for new services, mains, pipelines and related facilities, including: Feasibility studies for potential projects and customers; detailed planning on approved projects; obtaining permits as required (i.e. OGC, NEB, MOTH, MOE, Municipal); coordination of construction and maintenance crews and contractor; development and execution of contracts for contractors; As-built records and project completion reports; Gas plant annual turn around.
- Oversee budgets for region, including: Maintaining project log and budget; development of annual construction and maintenance budget; conducting budget review and variance analysis.