- Natural gas transmission and distribution system design in accordance with applicable standards.
- The management of engineering activities, both in-house and those let to contract, from conceptual to final detailed design and implementation.
- The overall management of select projects, including scoping, justifying, planning, scheduling, and resourcing, as well as managing cost, quality, and the health, safety, and environmental aspects associated with the work.
- Assisting in the prioritization of work conducted by company draftspersons.
- Contributing to the improvement of project control and execution through the further development of standards and management tools.
- Prepare, schedule, coordinate, execute, and monitor the assigned engineering projects.
- Produce and/or oversee designs in accordance with applicable codes, standards, practices, QA/QC policies, specifications.
- Coordination and communication with both internal and external stakeholders in order to ensure that designs and deliverables are in accordance with individual needs.
- Project cost, quality, and schedule control.
- Lead and/or work within project teams to ensure effective project delivery, providing technical and/or other support as required.
- Produce, review, revise, and approve engineering deliverables.
- Assist in and/or lead project procurement activities.
- Review and revision of company standards, procedures, processes, and policies, associated with design, construction, maintenance, and operations.
- Coordinate and manage communications, relationships, and project submissions with regulatory bodies such as the BC Oil and Gas Commission, MFLNRO, MoTI, municipalities, and regional districts.
- Identify, mitigate, and manage project risk.