- Operates crane unit and associated equipment in a safe, responsible and professional manner.
- Follows and complies with all government legislation and internal policies and procedures.
- Promotes a clear stream of communication with ground crew while operating crane at all times.
- Efficiently complete pre-job paperwork associated with task.
- Clear understanding of cranes load chart.
- Perform pre-operational inspections, along with accurately calculating crane capacities and weight.
- Equipment operation.
- Leadership skills.
- Quality orientation.
- Time management.
- Organization & planning.
- Development & continual learning.
- Strong communication.
- Energy and ability to handle a large workload.
- Accountability and dependability.
- Decision making and judgment.
- Ethics & integrity.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Will require travel to other branch locations as well as project sites that require the use of personal protective equipment such as steel toed boots, coveralls, safety glasses, hard hat and mandatory hearing protection.
- Able to occasionally lift items as heavy as 50 lbs.
- Will be exposed to a variety of weather conditions and job scopes.
- Sitting or standing as needed, as well as walking primarily on a level surface for periods throughout the day.
- Some physical labour required.
- Reaching above shoulder height or below the waist as well as some lifting as required.