- Minimum of 3 years of experience in advertising or sports sponsorship/arena sales.
- Experience in the Peace Region preferred.
- Proven track record of generating new business and retaining clients.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in sales, public relations, business administration, hospitality management, or other related field is preferred but not necessary.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to spend time on the road conducting sales pitches to new prospective clients.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays is required.
- Outstanding communication skills are essential for interactions with clients, operational leaders and the community.
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments and meet strict deadlines.
- Class 5 Driver's License and current abstract.
Spectra, an international sports and entertainment firm representing venues, teams, municipalities and world-class events, is seeking a professional sales person to join our team.
This exciting position will be responsible for generating revenue from local, regional and national companies through the sale of integrated sponsorship packages for one of the most successful and exciting venues in the Peace River region.
The Director of Partnerships will sell fully integrated marketing, media and promotional programs that include marketing rights, naming and sub-naming rights, on premise signage, event sponsorships, promotions, event marketing, media exposure and premium seating elements for the Encana Events Centre.
- Work with the General Manager and the Regional VP to implement the goals, objectives, policies, and priorities of all partnership sales programs and activities.
- Prospect, sell, activate and maintain sponsorships, advertising and premium seating partnerships for the venue and special events.
- Regularly engaged in the business of making sales, and presentations away from the primary place of business.
- Design sales proposals and presentations for potential corporate partners and premium seating decision makers.
- Prepare advertising, sponsorship and premium seating contracts and addenda; identify issues with contract language; address issues with and make recommendations for resolution; negotiate corporate sales pricing and other rates as required.
- Achieve corporate partnership revenue goals and budgets.
- Work with Spectra Venue Management team to coordinate the fulfillment of all aspects of contractual obligations including tickets, signage and other branding and promotions.
- Meet with corporate partners and outside agencies at their place of work to get all branding created and placed in a timely manner.
- Interact in a professional manner with senior level management, clients, and the wider community.
- Oversee the service of corporate partnerships through various means including direct contact, newsletters, partner gatherings and client entertainment events.
- Manage current venue sponsors and premium seating clients; providing best in class service that has come to be expected since the venue opened.
- Identify key open categories and new categories as prospective new business leads.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Renew and grow existing corporate sponsorship and media partnerships through continued outstanding service and up selling of additional sponsorship assets into current partnership agreement.
- Track prospecting, sales and inventory, and manage sales reports.
- Manage corporate sales and premium seating inventory in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Create and manage clients year round experiences through a number of different events and activities.
- Other duties as assigned.